Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Reoccurring Seasons

Cold as the snow that falls slow from above
on the first day of January
you froze me with your emotion
even though the truth i could not bear
i had to soak up the chilly water
and move on

to spring
as my lips began to thaw
i could finally release a word
let go of the feelings i held inside
and as the syllables poured off my tongue
my heart felt a release, pouring

into summer
where my soul began to bloom again
absorbing the tickle of the sunlight
in order to nurture my emotions back to health
a heat wave that melted away my scars
cinnamon toasted skin now clear from lesions
free from you
i shed you off of me

like Autumn
the bits that were left of you
the parts that were dead in me
they drift
softly to the concrete
only to be swept away by the neighbor lady
and then i cover my bear emotions with a coat
when i saw you again

in winter
you froze my world again
hardening my own being itself
like the year rewound
and the warming never happened
hurt , pain, suffering, and cold
engulf my body all at once
like the last snow fall of December
I’m frozen
stuck in time
again....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is DEEP, girl!
I'm loving this =]